Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Breaking Dawn

Well, I finished up with the Twilight series...no more Bella & Edward. The 4th book definitely was a bit different than the other 3, but it was an interesting wrap to the series. If you haven't read any of them, I highly recommend it. If you have read some of them, then finish up the series.

I think Stephenie could have ended the series with the 3rd book, but the 4th book answers the "what happens next," which I know many readers always want to know when they are done with a good book.

In the meanwhile, I did have the opportunity to see the movie Twilight last week before it was gone from the theater. As always, the book is better...more descriptive. I'll probably see the movie again when it's out on DVD or HBO. They picked a great person to be Edward...a little too much on the lip coloring though. But, as a friend of mine indicated over the weekend, it really seemed more like a "low budget" movie, not realizing how much of a "cult" followed the books and what a hit it probably was at the box office.

So, if you saw the movie, but didn't read the books, let me know your thoughts.

No comments: