Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The New Comcast...

Well, if you are like me, a Comcast user for emails, you would have turned on your computer this morning to find a whole new comcast email system. Since I run my emails thru Comcast's system vs. Outlook to help keep out the virus', I was quite surprised to find the new set up as appealing as it appears, wiped out my whole address book....on all accounts.

So in trying to regenerate it from my yahoo address book, I now have to collect my addy via Plaxo? Someone explain that one too me...obviously being out of work for a year I have limited my IT interface on all the new and upcoming things. So, sorry if you received an message from me to join Plaxo, or whatever it asked as I was trying to generate new address books. I am sure I haven't hit all the snags yet. Some I have recovered, others will be lost forever :(

So, basically to avoid the mental breakdown I know I would have had dealing with it all at once, I just continued reading my Stephenie Meyer's book. Now I'm at peace with the world and can once again figure out what I do next with my Comcast accounts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The "upgrade" is still taking place. Your address book will magically reappear, you don't have to do anything except wait. I called Comcast and they explained this to me. And indeed, the addresses were there the next day.

JJS (friend of Melinda's)