Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year Resolutions

Well, another year has gone by...how well did you do with your 2008 resolutions. Here are the results of my 2008 resolutions:
(1) Read 50 Books: I have 56 listed in my log, I know there are probably a few more books out there I read that I forgot to add to my list.
(2) Life at the Gym: Outside of summer & vacations, I managed to work up to 5 days a week, with a minimum of 3 days a week.
(3) Blog Twice a Week: Well that didn't go so well...I'm just not a slave to my computer, so I'm just not on it that much, but I do look at it as a success as I have kept it up versus letting it drop.
(4) Get & Stay Organized: Always a continuous process and always underway. Did a lot of "Clean Sweeping" this year, of course now I wonder "what did I do with...." I'm sure it was part of the toss pile.
(5) Make My Family #1: Well, I did a lot more things with school, attended all the sports events that I could, help with homework, and spent more time with my husband...is that always a good thing? I'd give myself a 8 out of 10 for sense of accomplishment.

Now, onto my 2009 New Year Resolutions. I've really had to think about this one and some of the items continue from last year....needing to make sure I keep the commitment.

(1) Complete Album Projects: Get current in my kids albums & stay current. Tackle other album projects like my kids first year's album, Richard's auto album, and start on historical albums. I'd like to target completing 240 pages in my albums. This is actually less than I ended up completing in 2008, but the projects require more research.

(2) Continue Reading: I will target 60 books this year...an average of 5 per month. This may be tight at some times, but I think it's still reachable.

(3) Start a daily journal: I know I have the blog, but that's for sharing. When I was in Lexington in November, I discovered the importance of writing just a simple daily journal that can be reviewed by future descendants.

(4) Continue a minimum of 3 days at the gym.

(5) Finish the remaining house projects: Haven't been able to turn back to the items that need finishing yet, so I will make a plan of action to get those items completed.

So, have you set yours yet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't attempted to make a New Year resolution in ages. I do, however, have a big fat To-Do List that screams "drop weight" right up at the top. I guess one might consider that a resolution if they were so inclined. Not me though. So, I started my new "no carbs" life yesterday and am ready to chew off my right arm. Alas, (1) my mouth is full of chewing gum, and (2)it wouldn't satisfy my hankering for a baked potato.

Good luck with yours!

♥ BoBellen