Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog's Day!

So, I'm sitting here reflecting on the current prediction of the infamous Groundhog -- 6 more weeks of winter. I'm really hoping that only applies to PA as we have had a couple pretty nice days here in MI...blue sky, sunny...decent temperature for a change.

Since we had our first snowman before Thanksgiving, the least that the little fat rodent could have done is been optimistic and claimed 6 more weeks until Spring. But consistent with all the news reports, the cup is always 1/2 empty vs. 1/2 full. If you didn't know, MI has the highest unemployment rate in the nation with many other states following close behind, so why would it be so hard for a fat rodent to bring a little surge of happiness in all of our lives by claiming 6 more weeks until Spring. I think he has teamed up with Ebeneezer Scrooge.

So, I'm sicking my dog on the rodent for mass destruction or at least to keep him off my lawn and all his pessimistic views. We are only having "happy thoughts" here...Let's go Spring! I can smell the flowers already (or was that just a spritz of my perfume). Maybe I'll splurge and turn the heat from 66 to 80, toss on the bathing suit, pull out the lawn chair, rub on some sunscreen (or just use Ellen's Pikaki Lotion - it's smells like Coppertone), toss a few 100 watt bulbs in the ceiling fan, turn on my breeze, put on my sunglasses and play a little reggae and imagine I'm in the Caribbean for a few hours! AAHHH, where's my Malibu & Pineapple Juice!

I'll wait for the next snow storm before I return to reality...which looks like tomorrow...bugger that!

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Bugger? What, are you British now?