Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Day in the Life in Rochester Hills

So, have you ever had the day like mine....

Get up & moving in the morning as it's Math Club day at Andrew's school...need to be there by 7:30 as I am a weekly helper.

Realize that I forgot my knee brace, so after Math Club, run home to grab it on the way to the gym.

Workout...hard...while not really feeling quite right.

Come home & have an early lunch to help the "not feeling quite right" go away...thinking low blood sugar or who knows what it was...

Grab Richard & get moving on the errands du jour...run over to the tile store to pick up the special caulk that matches our grout, then pop in at Lowe's...I need a frequent shopper card for that place...

Come out with mulch & top soil & other items on the list & get in the car, turn the key, and hear a click...Well, I always thought cars went vroom when you turned the key and become quite concerned about the click as it was 2:30 and needed to do the Yearbook Club carpool at 3:30.

Time to call AAA..."sorry for your problems, I'll send out a Battery jumper person for you, it will be about 45 minutes"....YIKES, I have kid pick up in 1 hour.

Ring, ring..."Hello Kathy, HELP! Can you pick me up & take me home", I asked. "Sure, no problem, be right there" she reponds. Thank god for friends like Kathy.

Okay, so the plan is made, R stays with the car...."what do you mean you don't have your cell phone, okay here's mine, keep your self busy playing with it while you wait for the battery charger guy." Kathy runs me home, I grab Big Blue (R's truck), run to WMS to pick up 3 girls, then run all the kids home.

Ring, ring "Hey R, what's the deal?" He responds, "Well, it's not the battery, it's the starter, they are sending a tow truck now"..."just Brilliant" I respond. So I have 1/2 hour from the last drop off until I do the Long Meadow run for that carpool...I think I can run down and get all the stuff in the car & get back to get the boys...

As I'm dodging in my Dodge Truck thru ROHI traffic to go 12 miles RT in 30 minutes...did I make it...

No, I was 10 minutes late picking up the boys....bummer since it was 72 degrees and they had to suffer by waiting outside at the car loop.

Do the boy drop off, then recollect Emily and head back down to pick up R from Lowes as the car was finally picked up...

Well, that wasn't on the agenda today....we were suppose to work on the basement and squirt the caulk into place in the bathroom....

I guess there is always tomorrow, as Scarlett O'Hara says "Tomorrow is another day!"

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Just imagine if you had to add GO TO WORK into that mix.

I have days like that, except for the grabbing Richard part.

Anonymous said...

You did good Lynnie! Next time maybe you might really overbook yourself and toss in a doctor appointment or two, the need to bail a suit out of drycleaner jail because you (R)didn't plan ahead for that special event, losing your ticket at the bank parking lot to some still as yet determined black hole between the seats and having to pay the max $20 for all of 20 minutes, and then realizing at 5:00 you that someone (you) forgot to take hamburger out of the freezer for supper so it's McD's again.

Some days the dragon wins!

♥ BoBellen

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.