Monday, February 16, 2009

Breaking Dawn...The Action Movie

Ok, I thought I'd share my fun-filled weekend with you.

It all started Friday around 7:30 pm when I got a call from my friend Phyllis...

(P) "Hey Lynn, Phyllis here, do you still have Breaking Dawn? I want to read it over the weekend for a discussion with my hair stylist on Monday and my library is all out until who knows when!"

(L) "No, I gave those all back to Kathy. Let me call her and see if she has passed them onto someone else yet....I'll call you back."

(L) "Hey, Kathy, do you still have Breaking Dawn in your possession, a friend of mine wants to read it this weekend?"

(K) "Yes, I do, but we're on my way to Chicago for volleyball tournaments all weekend. I wish I had a number code on my garage, I'd give it to you so you could pick it up yourself. Can it wait until Monday?"

(L) "Not sure, I'll let you know."

(L) "Hey, Phyllis, no go on Kathy, she's out of town. Let me look real fast at my library...Oh wow, they have 4 copies in stock (out of 25 books). I can't reserve one since it's on the shelf, let me try to call them to set it aside for me."

(Lib) "The library is currently closed, please visit our website."

(L) "Hey, Phyllis, it's closed, so I can grab it in the morning for you, if that works?"

(P) "Sounds good, just let me know if you are successful."

Saturday morning:
(L) "Hey Richard, can you take Emily to practice in the morning so I can go to the library at 9?"

(R) Sniffle, sniffle, blow..."I really don't feel well...I don't think so." blow, blow, sniffle

(L) 9:01 am..."Hey, RHPL, can you set aside for me Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer, I'll pick up later this morning?"

(Lib) "I think we are out; it's hard to keep those books on the shelf."

(L) "Can you check for me, the website said you had 4 last night"

(Lib) "Ok, yes, we do, I'll set it aside for you."

(L) "Morning Phyllis, on my way to take Emily to practice. I have the book held for me at the library. I'll pick it up around 11:30 on my way home from practice."

(P) " Sounds great, call when in hand and I'll head over to get it."

Around Noon...

(L) "Phyllis, the package has been secured, what is your ETA for acquisition?"

(P) "I'll ring as I'm heading out the door."

What you do for friends........

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Lynn you are a good friend!

By the way, I need to read Eclipse, do you think you could....


Just kidding!

Anonymous said...

Just finished BD. Think my fave of the saga is New Moon. I just like Jacob..the more rugged kind. BD better than i expected, but a wee bit far-reaching in some of the storyline, even beyond the vampire, shape shifting. Wont't spoil for those who have yet to read. Overall, i give the 4-bk saga a thumbs up.
jane-o