Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What Day Is It?

So I wake up on Tuesday, July1, still thinking it's Sunday...or really not knowing what day it is. How did this happen? I don't think I've ever lost track of what day it was...I guess I am my mother whom since retirement doesn't ever know what day it is, but I guess that's the side benefit of retirement...who cares what day it is.

I think back and wonder was it the decompression from 4 weeks of 6 day/week of baseball & softball, where the calendar was looked at daily to find out what field & time we needed to be. Having a week off from sports, I sit here and wonder, what did I do with my evenings before April when the season started. Obviously, I blogged more :)

I must admit that the kids & I did the most logical thing Sunday & Monday...sit on the couch, veg out, and watch movies we have probably seen a dozen times (or more). Moving only to get food & use the bathroom & change positions on the couch. At least we did get out of our jammies. But come Tuesday when I was itching to get out of the house once again, I didn't even know what day it was anymore.

Now it's crunch time...got the list made of all the things needing to be complete before we migrate up north for the holiday weekend...how can the list continue to grow...but I guess that's what happens when you are comatose for 2 days.

No comments: