Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Resolution Update

So, it's finally July...as my calendar tells me...so I thought I'd drop back to January to figure out how I'm doing on my New Years Resolutions. I'm sure many of you that make them, probably never revisit them & in February they were probably already forgotten.

Well, I looked backed this morning to really see how I was doing...

(1) Read 50 books: totally on track there...just counted 28 on my reading log...with having a reading frenzy this past month...all of which have been great books if you are wanting some ideas to pick something up.

BEST book of the month was The Time Traveler's Wife. If you are in a book club, make this your suggestion. Grab it from your libs, or if you want to borrow my copy, let me know. My nephew passed the book off to me when I was in LA for his graduation in May. I think this may be coming out as a movie, so read the book first!

The Iris Johansen books are part of her Eve Duncan series...unless you've read that series, you may not want to pick up those books. I do recommend the series...interesting reading. An interesting fact if you think you want to get started on Iris as a new author for you, while not all the books are relative to the same series, she often weaves in the characters from all her books into other ones. Her website is not the easiest to follow, but if you want to read her, just let me know & I'll help you get started with the order of books.

Fearless Fourteen....Janet Evanovich...what can I say, it's part of her Stephanie Plum series which is hilarious...if you haven't read her, need to do so. My series books are lent out right now, but if you want to borrow, let me know. Otherwise, go to libs and start with the first one...One for the Money.

James Patterson...both the Quickie & Sundays at Tiffany's were good....especially liked Sundays at Tiffany's...hope they make that one into a movie...if they follow the book. Really heart touching...yes Kathy I shed a couple of tears in this one too!

Looking for new book recommendations...please forward!

(2) Lifetime 3 days a week.
Outside of a couple weeks here and there...been keeping to this as a minimum...many weeks it's 5 days a week. Seeing the results, so I guess it's worth it. I'm not a LOVE of working out, so don't think that you need to love it to do it. Just do it because you probably need to do it & it's the best thing for you! We aren't getting any younger....especially Alisa who turns 40 this year & will soon experience the things the rest of us already are :)

(3) Blog 2 times a week.
Well, that's obviously not happening...hasn't been a priority for me, but I do miss not capturing up to the minute fun things in our life by not blogging about them...they will be soon forgotten fun things. Will try to get back into it in August after I get back from vacation.

(4) Organize.
Slowly be surely, it's coming along...hopefully by end of the year, most of the house will be organized.

(5) Family First.
Well, not sure how I rate there...especially since I'll be taking a vacation WITHOUT them :) But, I've been to virtually every baseball & softball game this Spring, cheering the teams on to victory...hopefully. Been interesting around the house since school completed...definitely need to get out more.

So more work to do for the rest of the year....hopefully cementing the new habits that I'm trying to develop.

2 comments:

Teacher Teacher! said...

Love Rosamunde Pilcher! The Shell Seekers is my favorite and i enjoyed Winter's Solstice too. Congrats on all the successes!

Anonymous said...

Good on ya Lynn! Keep those resolutions alive! (Did I even MAKE resolutions?)

I, too really liked The Time Traveler's Wife. Can't figure out how they'd do a movie though, if you know what I mean. (I don't want to pimp it for those who haven't read it yet.)

Good for all of you that love Rosamunde Pilcher. I find her stories to be predictable.

Anybody read The Other Bolyn Sister? I really, really liked it. Don't bother with the movie though - it skips a lot.

Ann gave me The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. Sorry, but it's not my cup of tea. Too depressing.

I more of a romance / olden-days book girl.

Have fun across the pond!

♥ BoBellen