So, on Tuesday (1/29), we get up as usual at 6:15 am to get Emily ready for school. I look at the thermometer and it says low 40's...cool! It had rained much of Monday night and the sun was scheduled to come out with highs near 50...I'll take it. Well at 6:30 am, I get a call from my workout buddy, Kathy, telling me...No School...they just canceled! What! Since we can't seem to plow our roads from the snow we received on Sat & Sun, the rain made the "back roads" turn to ice, so No School for us.
So, today rolls around...we have had strong winds like 50+ mph all night! I check to see if the grill cover survived and realize it's not just cold outside, it's beyond cold. I check the weather and it's 7 degrees with -12 windchill. So, I immediately go to the RCS website to see if there is school today. Of course there is. Can't risk a little ice on the roads, but can let our kids stand out and get frostbite waiting for the bus. Amazing! The dog doesn't even want to go outside!
In the meanwhile...I decide it is necessary to paint the Foyer before we start laying the trim in there! Always something more to do with that dirty 5 letter word.
#Andiamo16 - Roma
1 year ago