Monday, June 9, 2008

Andrew turns 9


In the bowling alley where Andrew wanted to have his 9th birthday party, I sat chatting with one of the moms that stayed to watch. We determined we probably passed each other in the halls of Crittenton 9 years ago as Andrew was born on the 7th and hers was on the 9th. I told her I was the mom that was pushing the baby cart back to the nursery saying, "you keep him, I'm going to take a nap." She laughed as I told her I'd press the button for all diaper changes, and how the nurse asked me "didn't I want to give it a try", as I told her "why, I have the next 2-3 years of changing Baby Smith's diaper as we still hadn't decided on a name....and we knew it was a boy since I was 20 weeks pregnant. I was looking at this as my 4-day mini-holiday at the Hospital-Marriot, room service was high on my list! My best memories were when the food lady brought my food that I ordered and then came & cleaned it all up, all the bottle water as Rochester had some sort of water main break so we couldn't have tap, hot & cold self-administering morphine drip after the surgery....aaahhh the total spa treatment!

So now my baby is 9 years old...going on 13 (has to keep ahead of his sister)...and wondering how long my sweet little boy will stay sweet or will I be getting calls from the principal soon. Right now, I'll go with the first and keep thinking it will always be this way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure, it'll always be the way you wanted it - sweet kids every day of the year.

Oh brother! Are YOU living in a dream world!

They might stay sweet when they want something. Like MONEY! But they can sure take the wind out of your sails from time to time.

♥ BoBellen

Mindy said...

I think Andrew will stay sweet for just as long as his Mommy loves a spa treatment (forever)