Friday, November 9, 2007

Myth of Water Aerobics

So, part of the deal with leaving my job was for me to exercise & get healthy...no more stress. My friend, Kathy, and I started the first Monday in October to get back into the exercise groove. We began with just using the Elliptical machine, increasing our time as we went along...also helped that we got pulled into "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" and made us stay longer.

Now that we know who will be our "Phone a Friend", we decided to spice up our routine with Cycling classes on Tuesday and Thursday....so if we went on M-W-F we'd do the Elliptical, T-T we would do the cycling class.

Last week we decided we needed something more as we felt we needed to start working our arms. So this week we added water programs into our schedule for M & F. Monday's class is called Hydro Training & Friday's class is called Aqua (water aerobics).

We show up Monday and we are thinking: water programs use the resistance of the water to give you a good workout without the strain. Well, this is a big MYTH! Not only did Monday's class run me ragged...drank my whole bottle of water and probably some pool water too, but I couldn't walk for 2 days. Now, I know you are laughing...and I was too, but I laughed more from thinking of "what the *&%^ did they do to me", as well as my next house will never have stairs.

As I crawled up and down the stairs...working on my current house project...guess what, it was time to go back to Lifetime. Fortunately, we didn't have school on Tuesday & I had Doctor appointments on Thursday, so we skated out of doing Cycling this week. But Wednesday we did the Elliptical...much to my regret, and then today (Friday), we showed back up for more torture in the Aqua class.

Well, this Aqua class had a lot of arm work, so now I'm wondering if tomorrow I will be able to lift my arms. The only benefit is Fady, who teaches the Aqua class, is a male instructor....I'll keep this at a "G" rating, and let your own imagination assume the worse (or is it the best). Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to take pictures at the gym :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing hurt after Friday's class. Well, maybe my eyes were a little sore from sneaking looks at Fady...
K.

Mindy said...

Methinks you need to bring me as a guest to a workout there.

Anonymous said...

So...does Fady wear a Speedo? Ann