Remember back when you received your first Paint by Numbers kit. You probably received it as a present from a relative or from a birthday party as no parent in their right mind would purchase something with paint to be used in their own house.
Well, as I refocused my attention back on the needed painting that I was avoiding, I started to think up my own Paint by Numbers program.
1. Remove all items from paint surface or that could possibly get paint on them if I get close to it.
2. Fill in all the holes that seem to be in the wall...didn't we ever fill them from the previous owner when we painted...obviously not.
3. Tape off what needs to be taped...I'm down to taping only on my wood surfaces...getting pretty good at my ceiling to wall line.
4. Put down the plastic...especially over my NEW carpet.
5. Sand the fill.
6. Wipe down from the sanding & any other splashes on the wall.
7. Prime where necessary or if changing from dark color to light color.
8. Finally Paint & Paint & Paint
9. Clean up
10. Put it all back together.
Of course while painting the kitchen, which I completed yesterday, I also had to add cleaning the top of the cabinets into the mix...as well as general cleaning afterwards. I tried to avoid the proverbial Spring Cleaning of all the drawers well I was at it, as I needed to stay on focus to get the painting completed, so more trim can be nailed.
Off to do the Family Room today :)
#Andiamo16 - Roma
1 year ago